Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Part 1- The Origin


If i were to describe myself in one word, that word would be cautious.

or maybe guarded, or restrained. Anyway, you get the point.

My entire life, I always thought twice before making any decision, or jumping into action. I guess that's because of the way I was raised. I grew up in a "slightly" (take note quotation marks... :P) conservative Christian family. I studied in a Christian school, and I always got good grades when I was in highschool, (graduated as a valedictorian actually) until I got accepted in a University. That was when all things changed.

It was probably culture-shock that got me. I was so used to being around my close-knit friends in highschool, I had a hard time making new friends. I know it sounds pathetic really, (uggghhh) but that was me. I don't know how it happened, ( or maybe I had an idea how it happened, but i cant find an explanation for it... ) I just realized one day, after eating alone during lunch, and walking all the way home by myself, THEN I realized, I had become what i was dreading all along. I was an introvert.

I know, it sounds... actually... I don't know. But it's not what I expected to be. I do want to make friends, but it's like, I didn't know how. So I thought I had to do something about it.

I tried hanging out with classmates, but it all felt awkward for me, and for them as well. I was running out of ideas and I didn't know what else to do. So my last resort was to practice my social skills on some social networking sites. I mean, everybody can be friends with anybody on the internet right?

So I joined a couple of sites, registered and stuff like that, blah blah blah...

One site in particular kept me really hooked. It wasn't as well-known like Facebook or whatever, but I really got into it. Wanna know why? Because the moment I registered I got about 20 friend invites...some of them from guys...really gorgeous guys... :P (I was a 19 year old girl how did you expect me to react? :P) Some were from US, some from Italy, some of them from places I obviously don't remember (doesn't remove the fact they were still gorgeous!) and of course. A couple of guys from Turkey.

And that's when I met James.