Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Part 2- English lessons


So my "experiment" on practicing my social skills over the internet was working really good. Too good actually, that I made too many friends, I couldn't even keep track who I was speaking with at times. And yes, most of the "friends" I made were guys... :P

Tunisian, Italian, Indian, Turkish, you name it, there were loads of them. There were some who can't even speak good English, but because I was trying to be a good friend, I offered to help them with their conversational skills, and have them practice their English with me. (Keep in mind, I was also trying to practice being a "people-person".)

Ok, let's skip to the part about James.

James on the other hand, didn't need any help speaking English. He lived in UK, so trying to have conversation with him wasn't a problem at all. We hit it off really well. We talked a lot, we flirted a lot and everything was really good. Until I realized I wasn't the only one he was "flirting" with.

He is a very handsome guy (at least from his photos). I mean VERY HANDSOME, blue eyes, fit body and everything so I should've known that it's normal for him to flirt with as many girls he wanted. Despite that, we still kept having conversations, and he still kept flirting with me. And me, just being me, took it all light-heartedly. I guess some boys will always be boys, so I really didn't care whatever he said or did. I don't even believe in having an online relationship, because I knew that most of the time, it never really works out. So I thought to myself, I'll just take it as it is, and go with the flow.

You think I was broken-hearted?

Of course not! I have other problems to think about, and he will not be one. I wasn't looking for a relationship, so I just let him do whatever he did, and I did what I was doing all along. I always teased him about being a player anyway, and he kept denying it. (Take note that all players will always deny everything, and try not to get caught.) He insisted that he really loved me but I knew better. Anyway, while he flirted with all the girls he made friends with, including me, I kept making new friends to speak with, and was helping them with their English as well.

Anyway, that's not the important part.

You should've guessed by now that most of the friends I made were from Turkey. I looooooooooved speaking with them. I mean besides the fact that they were sweet and romantic, I did learn a lot about their culture and tradition. Things about how they treated women, and how their close family ties were very similar with my culture, that only made me want to speak with Turkish people more. It was a bit difficult communicating with some of them, because a lot of them barely know any English at all. But there was one in particular who was really very... interesting.

Oh just so you know, interesting is an understatement.