Sunday, March 22, 2009

Why the Hell did I Name this Blog "The Turkish Man Effect?"



I know, it sounds weird. Now I find myself asking why the hell did I choose this to be my blog name? It sounds a bit cheesy (it sounds really cheesy... :P) and I think I would need to explain why I chose this to be my blog name.

The Butterfly Effect states- that a butterfly that flaps it's wings from a certain place, might cause a drastic weather change to another part of the world.

It still doesn't explain a lot, does it? Well let me explain further.

There was a time when a Turkish guy made a big impact in my life. Although it didn't end like I hoped it would, and it didn't turn out like it was supposed to, (more details on this soon... :p) I had definitely learned a lot from it.

One of the things that I learned was, if you haven't met a Turkish guy, you wouldn't know the real definition of romance. Oh yes, Turkish men, are romantic people, and I know at some point, YOU, reading this blog, may have definitely fallen for a Turkish man. (or woman, doesn't really matter now, does it? )

But the thing is, it doesn't end there. Another thing that I have learned is that, once you find yourself 'involved' with a Turkish guy, it is definitely eye-opening, in both good and bad aspects. It opens your eyes to their cultures, and traditions, their way of life and so on.

Now concerning the "love life" of people, I know a lot of women who are now with their Turkish men, and is now living the fair-tale-love story that most girls dream of. I also do know a lot of women who fell in love with Turkish men, only to find themselves being used, in more ways than one. (Not to focus on the negative aspect of it, there are always two sides of the story, and reasons why some of these men are doing or are forced to do what they do, which will be explained and given an example of someday...:p)

In any case, whether good or bad, to those who have met a Turkish man (or woman), they will always have an impact in our lives, no matter who you are or where you are now. So I want this blog to focus on stories of people who are with, or have been with Turkish men, and how, being with them has made a drastic change, or impact in their lives.